Dear Player & Parent,
Congratulations! Your coach at the Meehan Tennis Academy has selected you as being ready to represent the Hoppers Crossing Tennis Club in the upcoming 2022 Winter Competition Season. New players please read below (continuing players please confirm with Lisa Galea 0411 460 710 if you are playing this season).
The Hoppers Crossing Tennis Club enters teams into the Western Region Tennis Association’s (WRTA) junior competition played on weekends over a Summer & Winter season. This competition includes playing home and away matches against teams from various clubs in the Western Suburbs over a 14 week season; plus 2 finals weeks for the top 4 teams in each section. All teams are graded based on playing standard, not age.
– Saturday or Sunday 8:00am-10:10am OR 10:20am-12:30pm – the time slot will be the same each week but is chosen by the association when they grade the teams.
We can guarantee your preferred day but not necessarily your preferred time slot.
– April 30th to August 27th (Finals 1st 2 weeks of September) – with no play on school holidays or public holiday long weekends.
– There are 4 players in each team on a rotating roster as only 3 play each week – this means you have matches rostered out (this can be useful if you require to miss a week due to holiday/illness/birthday).
– Half the matches are played at home (Hoppers Crossing Tennis Club, Wootten Road Reserve).
– Half the matches are played at other tennis clubs across the Western Suburbs (e.g. Werribee, Williamstown, Laverton, Altona, Sunshine) – depending on which teams are graded in your section each season.
How to Register:
– SMS Coach Chris 0400 562 449 by Tuesday February 29th at 5:00pm with: Childs Name & DOB, Your preference of Saturday or Sunday Matches.
– All players are required to be members of the Hoppers Crossing TC to represent the club in competition. This is a $60 half-year membership fee, which covers 1 season of competition (team registration & ball fees) & free court hire in your own time. This can be completed here: https://play.tennis.com.au/HoppersCrossingTennisClub/Membership/Join
We hope to see your child on court enjoying competition tennis over the Winter Season!